We recently got the opportunity to go hands-on with an Oculus Rift, complete with Oculus Touch controllers and two sensors. In this episode we discuss our thoughts and impressions, and what we think is in store for the future.
In this episode we discuss how video game advertising and trailers have changed, why ‘footage captured in game’ means nothing, and whether any of this matters at all.
- Read Patch The Process, an article about ‘day one patches’ by indie game dev Rami Ismail.
There’s lots of videos you should watch to accompany this episode:
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince “Teen Comedy Trailer”
- Watch Dogs – E3 2012 vs PC Release
- Clash of Clans adverts
- Dead Island
- Elite: Dangerous Launch Trailer vs PS4 launch trailer
- Introducing the Overwatch League
- No Man’s Sky Gameplay Trailer 2014
- “The EVE Online Experience” and “This is EVE” – Uncensored
- Overwatch animated shorts including “Infiltration”