It’s an Octal FM first for this two part special about Jalada’s trip to California.
“Without a six figure salary, rent control, a trust fund, or a willingness to embrace poverty, you’re out of luck if you want to live here.”
How to save San Francisco (includes the commuting time maps)
And here’s Jalada’s rented Camaro on the PCH:
In this episode we dissect some of the announcements and coverage around Blizzcon this year. Not much in the way of show notes for this one!
In this episode we talk about why we think 2007 was one of the biggest, and one our favourite, years in gaming.
- Orange Box
- You can pick up Orange Box on Steam, or mostly second-hand on Xbox 360 and PS3. The Xbox 360 version is backwards compatible on Xbox One.
- Bioshock and Uncharted
- Call of Duty 4
- CoD 4 was so popular, fans petitioned for the game to be remade. Therefore, you can pick up the remastered edition on PS4, Xbox One and Steam.
- Assassin’s Creed
Toni joins us for this second Game Club episode where we discuss our experiences playing indie Metroidvania game Hollow Knight.
A physical version is also due out in 2019.
Intro/Outro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion
In this episode we each discuss some of our favourite video game stories.
- Bioshock 1
- Valkyria Chronicles
- The original was on PS3, or you can pick up the remaster on PS4 or Steam.
- Last of Us
- Metal Gear Solid 3
- Half-Life 2
Intro/Outro music: CJACKS – Runaway fashion
In this special episode of Octal FM we’re joined by two guests to talk about alternative approaches to getting into the technology industry and software development. Specifically, we discuss what the organisation Code First: Girls is doing to increase the number of women in tech.
- Code First: Girls is a not for profit social enterprise. Since 2013 they’ve delivered £4.2 million worth of free education to young women across the UK. Their purpose is to increase the number of women in tech.
- Amali de Alwis is CEO of Code First: Girls. You can find her on Twitter at @amali_d.
- Lizzie Cullen Davison is a full-stack developer at Pixie Labs and a volunteer Code First: Girls instructor. You can find her on Twitter at @emc_dav.
FYI Jalada also works at Pixie Labs.
Intro/outro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion