We’re joined by a special guest this episode! Tom last joined us back in Episode 10 to discuss MOBAs. We’ve talked about competitive Pokémon before too, with Marti Bennett back in episode 21. This time, we turn our attention to the trading card game.
In this episode we are joined by the brilliant Marti Bennett. Marti kindly agreed to tell us all about playing Pokémon competitively and recount some of her own stories and experiences of the professional Pokémon scene.
- YouTube – Virtual Accomplishment
- Twitter – @MartiBennett (@VirtualAccomp for content updates)
- Twitch – Virtual Accomplishment
- JWittz speedrun of Pokémon Trading Card Game
- Serebii ‘Effort Values’ guide
- Serebii ‘Individual Values’ guide
- Cybertron on Twitter, YouTube, and Twitch
- Pokémon on Twitch
Intro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion
Outro music: GlitchxCity – Champion Cynthia Battle Remix
In this episode we take a deeper look at eSports and how it compares to more traditional sporting events.
Intro/outro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion
Tom (‘modest’ on Summoner’s Rift) joins Jalada and Sefran to talk about MOBAs; what they are, where they came from, and why they’re so much fun.
- We touch on League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, Defense of the Ancients, DOTA 2, and Smite.
- Feel free to be pedantic and email us to let us know that Aeon of Strife was arguably the first MOBA, not DOTA.
- Faker, arguably the best League of Legends player.
- League of Legends Patch 7.1 notes, an example of just how much can change month to month in a MOBA.
Intro & outro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion.