In this episode we look at Final Fantasy IX from two perspectives. Jalada, who has only just played it, and Sefran, who played it back in the day!
If you’re interested in our breakdown on what ‘in-game footage’ means in the context of game trailers at E3, check out the ancient but very relevent episode 19.
In this episode we dissect some of Nintendo’s announcements from E3 2019.
In this episode we pick out some of our favourite uses of music in video games.
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker combat
- Video of an example of combat with audio ‘accents’ (minor Wind Waker spoilers)
- Listen: Middle Boss Battle
- Final Fantasy VI
- Half Life 2
- Listen: CP Violation
- Music levels from Rayman Legends
- Listen: ‘Gloo Gloo’ Musical Level (video of level)
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Some other games that we were considering include: Banjo-Kazooie, Journey and Audiosurf. There are many more great examples of the use of music in video games, get in touch and let us know yours!
Intro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion
Jalada and Sefran explain why community management is so important in the development and maintaining of video games, from the perspective of video gamers.
- 7 Days to Die developer blog
- Examples of less-than-ideal pre-launch management: Spore, Fable, No Man’s Sky.
- “Deus Ex: Mankind Divided silly preorder scheme scrapped”
- Diablo 3’s significant Loot overhaul patch, dubbed ‘Loot 2.0’.
- “Final Fantasy 14 killed by Square Enix’s stubbornness, reborn by a new approach”
- Elite Dangerous Galnet News
- id Software’s open-sourced game code on GitHub
Intro & outro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion