In this episode we pick out some of our favourite uses of music in video games.
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker combat
- Video of an example of combat with audio ‘accents’ (minor Wind Waker spoilers)
- Listen: Middle Boss Battle
- Final Fantasy VI
- Half Life 2
- Listen: CP Violation
- Music levels from Rayman Legends
- Listen: ‘Gloo Gloo’ Musical Level (video of level)
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Some other games that we were considering include: Banjo-Kazooie, Journey and Audiosurf. There are many more great examples of the use of music in video games, get in touch and let us know yours!
Intro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion
Jalada and Sefran explain why community management is so important in the development and maintaining of video games, from the perspective of video gamers.
- 7 Days to Die developer blog
- Examples of less-than-ideal pre-launch management: Spore, Fable, No Man’s Sky.
- “Deus Ex: Mankind Divided silly preorder scheme scrapped”
- Diablo 3’s significant Loot overhaul patch, dubbed ‘Loot 2.0’.
- “Final Fantasy 14 killed by Square Enix’s stubbornness, reborn by a new approach”
- Elite Dangerous Galnet News
- id Software’s open-sourced game code on GitHub
Intro & outro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion