In this episode of Octal FM we kick back and reminisce about all the MMOs we’ve played in the past.
In this episode we pick out some of our favourite uses of music in video games.
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker combat
- Video of an example of combat with audio ‘accents’ (minor Wind Waker spoilers)
- Listen: Middle Boss Battle
- Final Fantasy VI
- Half Life 2
- Listen: CP Violation
- Music levels from Rayman Legends
- Listen: ‘Gloo Gloo’ Musical Level (video of level)
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Some other games that we were considering include: Banjo-Kazooie, Journey and Audiosurf. There are many more great examples of the use of music in video games, get in touch and let us know yours!
Intro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion
Jalada and Sefran explain why community management is so important in the development and maintaining of video games, from the perspective of video gamers.
- 7 Days to Die developer blog
- Examples of less-than-ideal pre-launch management: Spore, Fable, No Man’s Sky.
- “Deus Ex: Mankind Divided silly preorder scheme scrapped”
- Diablo 3’s significant Loot overhaul patch, dubbed ‘Loot 2.0’.
- “Final Fantasy 14 killed by Square Enix’s stubbornness, reborn by a new approach”
- Elite Dangerous Galnet News
- id Software’s open-sourced game code on GitHub
Intro & outro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion