In this episode we take another look at No Man’s Sky, in particular its rather unique development cycle, and how Hello Games have handled its infamy.
Jalada and Sefran explain why community management is so important in the development and maintaining of video games, from the perspective of video gamers.
- 7 Days to Die developer blog
- Examples of less-than-ideal pre-launch management: Spore, Fable, No Man’s Sky.
- “Deus Ex: Mankind Divided silly preorder scheme scrapped”
- Diablo 3’s significant Loot overhaul patch, dubbed ‘Loot 2.0’.
- “Final Fantasy 14 killed by Square Enix’s stubbornness, reborn by a new approach”
- Elite Dangerous Galnet News
- id Software’s open-sourced game code on GitHub
Intro & outro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion