Sound-bytes are our shorter episodes about what we’ve been up to recently. This week, we went to the Death Stranding launch event in London.
In this episode we each discuss some of our favourite video game stories.
- Bioshock 1
- Vox: Bioshock proved that video games could be art
- Bioshock 1 is available in a remastered collection of the first three games on Xbox One, PS4, and Steam, or you can still buy the first game standalone on Steam.
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Last of Us
- Polygon: Let’s talk about the ending of The Last of Us
- The Last of Us was released late in the PS3’s lifecycle, so now you can pick up the remastered edition on PS4. A sequel is in the works.
- Metal Gear Solid 3
- Half-Life 2
Intro/Outro music: CJACKS – Runaway fashion
In this episode we pick out some of our favourite uses of music in video games.
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker combat
- Video of an example of combat with audio ‘accents’ (minor Wind Waker spoilers)
- Listen: Middle Boss Battle
- Final Fantasy VI
- Half Life 2
- Listen: CP Violation
- Music levels from Rayman Legends
- Listen: ‘Gloo Gloo’ Musical Level (video of level)
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Some other games that we were considering include: Banjo-Kazooie, Journey and Audiosurf. There are many more great examples of the use of music in video games, get in touch and let us know yours!
Intro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion