If you’re interested in our breakdown on what ‘in-game footage’ means in the context of game trailers at E3, check out the ancient but very relevent episode 19.
Jalada and Sefran discuss voice-activated home assistants. We have a chat about what they are, how they work, and where we think the technology is going in the future.
- The two main devices we talk about are Amazon Echo* and Google Home.
- We also reference Apple Siri and Google Assistant.
- For more information about why understanding speech is hard for computers, read about “AI-complete” problems.
- We almost forgot to mention Microsoft Cortana.
- Amazon Echo can be used to control Nest and Tado thermostats.
- Sefran pointed out that banks like HSBC and First Direct already use voice pattern detection.
Intro & outro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion
*Links are affiliate links. Proceeds go towards helping out OctalFM.