If you’re interested in our breakdown on what ‘in-game footage’ means in the context of game trailers at E3, check out the ancient but very relevent episode 19.
- EA and Activision’s $79bn games-as-a-service growth
- Emerging Trends in Games-as-a-Service (video)
- Battle passes are replacing loot boxes, but they’re not necessarily a better deal
- What Fortnite’s Battle Pass gets right
- How GaaS are changing the way we play
- Call of Duty Mobile – Legends of War soft launch article
- Artwork Personalization at Netflix
In this Game Club episode we discuss 2064: Ready Only Memories.
2064 is available on pretty much every platform!
Some of the games we talk about include:
- Okami HD
- Heroes of the Storm
- Breath of the Wild
- Hollow Knight
This episode is our third Game Club, where we pick a game that neither of us have played before, play it separately, and then come together with our own fresh thoughts to discuss it on Octal FM.
This time, it’s Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation, a sci-fi RTS from Stardock.
In this episode we dissect some of the announcements and coverage around Blizzcon this year. Not much in the way of show notes for this one!
In this episode we talk about why we think 2007 was one of the biggest, and one our favourite, years in gaming.
- Orange Box
- Bioshock and Uncharted
- Bioshock is available in a remastered collection of the first three games on Xbox One, PS4, and Steam, or you can still buy the first game standalone on Steam.
- Uncharted is available in a remastered collection of the first three games on PS4.
- Call of Duty 4
- Assassin’s Creed