In this episode we talk about why we think 2007 was one of the biggest, and one our favourite, years in gaming.
- Orange Box
- You can pick up Orange Box on Steam, or mostly second-hand on Xbox 360 and PS3. The Xbox 360 version is backwards compatible on Xbox One.
- Bioshock and Uncharted
- Call of Duty 4
- CoD 4 was so popular, fans petitioned for the game to be remade. Therefore, you can pick up the remastered edition on PS4, Xbox One and Steam.
- Assassin’s Creed
Toni joins us for this second Game Club episode where we discuss our experiences playing indie Metroidvania game Hollow Knight.
A physical version is also due out in 2019.
Intro/Outro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion
In this episode we each discuss some of our favourite video game stories.
- Bioshock 1
- Valkyria Chronicles
- The original was on PS3, or you can pick up the remaster on PS4 or Steam.
- Last of Us
- Metal Gear Solid 3
- Half-Life 2
Intro/Outro music: CJACKS – Runaway fashion
In this episode of Octal FM, the two of us catch up and talk about what games we’ve been playing.
Jalada has been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn (affiliate link, proceeds go to Octal FM).
Sefran has been playing Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak.
We recently got the opportunity to go hands-on with an Oculus Rift, complete with Oculus Touch controllers and two sensors. In this episode we discuss our thoughts and impressions, and what we think is in store for the future.
In another case of ‘Jalada and Sefran weren’t paying attention to the episode timer’, this bonus-length episode is all about our favourite video game consoles.
- Nintendo GameBoy
- Sega GameGear
- Nintendo 64
- PlayStation 4
- Joint favourite: Nintendo GameCube
- In the episode we say that the Wavebird was the first wireless controller. Of course, there were others before it, but it was pretty much the first to use radio-frequency (which was great) instead of infrared (which was terrible).
Intro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion
Outro music: Nostalvania – Seven Pipes to Heaven