In this episode we dissect some of the announcements and coverage around Blizzcon this year. Not much in the way of show notes for this one!
In this episode we talk about why we think 2007 was one of the biggest, and one our favourite, years in gaming.
- Orange Box
- Bioshock and Uncharted
- Bioshock is available in a remastered collection of the first three games on Xbox One, PS4, and Steam, or you can still buy the first game standalone on Steam.
- Uncharted is available in a remastered collection of the first three games on PS4.
- Call of Duty 4
- Assassin’s Creed
Toni joins us for this second Game Club episode where we discuss our experiences playing indie Metroidvania game Hollow Knight.
A physical version is also due out in 2019.
Intro/Outro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion
In this episode we each discuss some of our favourite video game stories.
- Bioshock 1
- Vox: Bioshock proved that video games could be art
- Bioshock 1 is available in a remastered collection of the first three games on Xbox One, PS4, and Steam, or you can still buy the first game standalone on Steam.
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Last of Us
- Polygon: Let’s talk about the ending of The Last of Us
- The Last of Us was released late in the PS3’s lifecycle, so now you can pick up the remastered edition on PS4. A sequel is in the works.
- Metal Gear Solid 3
- Half-Life 2
Intro/Outro music: CJACKS – Runaway fashion
In this episode we kick off a new mini-series where we pick a game that neither of us have played before, play it separately, and then come together with our own fresh thoughts to discuss it on Octal FM.
This time, it’s Slay the Spire by Mega Crit, an early access PC game that blends rogue-like elements with deck building gameplay.
In this episode we discuss some of our favourite video game worlds to get lost in. We reminisce about some worlds we’ve not visited for a while, and we discuss what it means for a game world to be ‘immersive’.
Intro/outro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion