In this episode we discuss some of our favourite video game worlds to get lost in. We reminisce about some worlds we’ve not visited for a while, and we discuss what it means for a game world to be ‘immersive’.
Intro/outro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion
This episode takes more of a ‘resource’ form, as we share some tips & tricks for getting started building a PC for gaming. We cut through some of the aspects that we think are unimportant, and share some shortcuts for saving time and money.
There’s a lot of resources out there on the Internet, but we like:
- Scan – for buying components (and pre-builds) in the UK
- Toms Hardware – for reviews
- bit-tech.net – for reviews, especially peripherals and modifications
- Hexus – for their partnership with Scan (easy to find reviews)
- Anandtech – for their deep-dives into new product ranges
- The Wirecutter – for their ‘just buy this one’ approach to components and peripherals. Look under ‘Electronics’.
In this episode we tell the story of the Elite game series and our story of playing the original together back at school, and some bits about the space-sim genre as a whole.
Intro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion
Outro music: Strauss – Blue Danube
Back again with another indie review, we discuss one of Sefran’s most anticipated games of 2018; Into the Breach.
Intro/Outro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion.
In this episode of Octal FM we discuss and review Celeste, a game about climbing a mountain.
Intro/Outro music: JACKS – Runaway Fashion
In this episode of Octal FM, we discuss our two favourite games from one of our favourite series of all time; The Legend of Zelda.
- The best way to play Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask is the 3DS remakes:
Intro music: JACKS – Runaway fashion
Outro music: Docjazz4, FunkyEntropy, Theophany and XPRTNovice for OCRemix – Dawn of a New Day
*Affiliate links. Proceeds go to Octal FM upkeep.