In this episode we discuss how video game advertising and trailers have changed, why ‘footage captured in game’ means nothing, and whether any of this matters at all.
- Read Patch The Process, an article about ‘day one patches’ by indie game dev Rami Ismail.
There’s lots of videos you should watch to accompany this episode:
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince “Teen Comedy Trailer”
- Watch Dogs – E3 2012 vs PC Release
- Clash of Clans adverts
- Dead Island
- Elite: Dangerous Launch Trailer vs PS4 launch trailer
- Introducing the Overwatch League
- No Man’s Sky Gameplay Trailer 2014
- “The EVE Online Experience” and “This is EVE” – Uncensored
- Overwatch animated shorts including “Infiltration”